Two Factor Authentication for WordPress
A Guide to WordPress Two Factor Authentication & WordPress Security?
In the past few years the most lucrative targets for malicious actors and scammers have been almost exclusively businesses and companies that use Wordpress without any WordPress security plugins enabled.
These lax security implementations allow malicious actors to infiltrate and compromise the systems, networks and databases of entire companies. The major reason behind this is the negligence of security norms by small businesses and companies. SMB’s keep their eyes on factors that directly affect their revenue but fail to keep their sight on something just as important, their WordPress Security.
"Try our free plugin and check premium plan today"
How to Protect Your WordPress Users and Employees?
The most effective way to protect your employees or users is through the use of WordPress Two Factor Authentication.
Passwords are everywhere, we use them to access anything and everything. At first, we used one password for everything but that wasn’t good enough so we started making our passwords more complicated with a combination of numbers, uppercase/lowercase letters & even special characters.
Many people use password managers to organize dozens or hundreds of unique passwords. But no matter how complex your password or the password management system is, it is still sometimes not enough to prevent account takeover, because all it takes is one simple phishing email or database breach and your password is out in the world. So, if passwords are impossible to protect, how do you protect your account ?
What is WordPress Two Factor Authentication (2FA)?
That’s where two-factor authentication comes in. Using Two Factor Authentication adds another method of identity verification to secure your accounts.
By combining your username and password with the second method your account becomes extremely secure and almost impossible for an attacker to pass through, even if they have your password.
WordPress Two Factor Authentication Made Easy with miniOrange
Among the secure methods for a user to control sites, password-protected authentication is used widely because it is easily adopted and has high compatibility in a cost effective manner. miniOrage provides a secure two-factor authentication mechanism plugin for multiple platforms (WordPress, Atlassian, Drupal, Magento & Moodle) which adds an extra layer of security to your company’s databases and website. Through these plugins, you will get access to several authentication methods that can restrict the user’s credentials from being shared with anyone, on purpose, or by accident.
When the user enters his/her correct username and password they are prompted with a second-factor authentication page, in order to login successfully. We offer 15+ authentication methods which include OTP over Email, OTP over SMS, hardware token, QR code authentication, Google authenticator etc.
Features of miniOrange 2-Factor authentication plugin WordPress:
- You can log in using only password OR password + Two-factor.
- All types of phones are supported by Smart Phones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry), Basic Phones, Landlines, etc.
- If your phone is lost or stolen or discharged, we offer alternate login methods like OTP Over Email and Security Questions (KBA).
- If your phone is offline, you can use a one-time passcode generated by the app to log in.
- We support multiple authentication methods along with their backup methods.
- We support Device Identification. If the user selects a remember device then in the next login from the same device, the user will not be prompted for Two Factor.
- It is very difficult to log in to your site from the mobile browser with the second factor enabled. We provide you option that will convert any authentication method into Security Questions (KBA) on the mobile browsers.