Joomla LDAP Handbook
miniOrange Joomla LDAP Integration with Active Directory and OpenLDAP – NTLM & Kerberos Login plugin is an authentication method for your Active Directory/LDAP Server users, allowing them to access multiple Joomla applications with a single set of credentials. Thus, enabling users to log into your Joomla sites without re-entering their credentials after being securely authenticated with the Active Directory/LDAP Server. In doing so, our plugin helps to reduce the hassle of maintaining or remembering multiple credentials for multiple applications.
The plugin allows users to authenticate against various LDAP implementations like Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Sun Active Directory, Open LDAP Directory, Jump Cloud, FreeIPA Directory, Synology, Open-DS, and several other LDAP Directory Systems.
The plugin not only supports user management features such as creating users not present in Joomla from Active Directory/LDAP Server, adding users, and editing users, but also maps user attribute values after authentication, group mapping of the user's groups from the Active Directory/LDAP Server to Joomla roles, and a lot more.
Key Features of miniOrange Joomla LDAP Integration with Active Directory and OpenLDAP - NTLM & Kerberos:
- A single set of credentials: The plugin enables users to log in to your Joomla site using the same credentials present in your Active Directory/LDAP Server and also protects your Joomla site with one set of credentials.
- Auto creates Users: Once a user has successfully authenticated with the Active Directory/LDAP Server and logged in to the Joomla site, the user is created on your Joomla site.
- Attribute and Group Mapping: The plugin allows you to sync/map user profile attributes from the Active Directory/LDAP Server to the Joomla user profile field and assign Joomla roles based on the user's group in the Active Directory/LDAP Server.
- NTLM Authentication: With the help of the NTLM add-on, your users can log into your Joomla site from domain systems without the need to re-enter their credentials.
- User Password Sync: The password sync add-on helps to synchronise the Joomla profile password with your Active Directory/LDAP Server password.
- User Profile Sync: The user profile sync add-on synchronises the Joomla user profiles with the Active Directory/LDAP Server user profiles once they are updated on Joomla's (Active Directory/LDAP Server's) end and vice versa.
- Coming soon: Support for authenticating users present in multiple Active Directories/LDAP Servers to log into your Joomla site.